Nashville, TN March 2000
The year of “Ned’s Revenge”
Our Day Off
1. Create the Malt from corn, rye, and barley malt.
2. Boil the Malt to distill the liquor
3. Drip the Liquor though wood charcoal (This step is required for all Tennessee Whiskeys).
4. Age the Whiskey in Oak barrels for 7 years
5. Bottle it and ship it to the next NCAA playoff location.
To see the details visit JackDaniels.com and take a virtual distillery tour.
1. Lynchburg TN is in a dry county, which means that JD can be made there, but not sold or served there.
2.Leo and Dave are both members of the Tennessee Squires and thus own land in “The Hollow” at Lynchburg.
3. Jack Daniels is only made at one location in the world.
4. Lynchburg has a population of 361.
5. The Jack Daniel Distillery is the oldest registered distillery in the country and is a National Historic Site. Licensed in 1866, the distillery continues to craft its old-time Tennessee sipping whiskey the way Mr. Jack did back in 1866
Other Memorable Moments
In order to curtail the hotel costs, the group decided to reside at Dave’s Condo right outside of Nashville. This sounded like a good idea until we got there and started to live the realization of sleeping on a couch and on the floor. Of course Ned (Dave’s cat) hated this most since he lost his sleeping spot on the couch. We all got through the first night with the exception of John. He woke up congested. As the morning wore on John went into a regular uncontrollable cough. John was allergic to Ned.
We decided the correct course of action was to get a hotel room for John and Ken. That night only Leo stayed at Dave’s and Ned got his couch back.
It all started at the games, John was caught snoozing during most of the games that day (he blamed it on his recent primary win for the Democratic town committee race). Picture this: St Patty’s day and John can’t even stomach a single drink. Ned’s revenge was still looming and John was still coughing. Naturally Dave and Leo did not follow John’s example. We were hitting the town and ended up at Buffalo Billiards in Nashville (a great bar with 3 themes and 4×8 pool tables). John seated himself in one of the big leather chairs in the crowded bar bar and then proceeded to fall asleep sitting up. We woke him up several times….but he kept falling asleep.
The Games (South Regional)
|15) UNC Wilmington|||||||
|3) Ohio State||||
||||Ohio State 87-61|
|14) Appalachian State|||||||
||||Miami FL 75-62*|
|6) Miami FL|||||||
||||Miami FL 75-71|
Highest Final Seat: Tulsa made it to the final 8.